Friday, June 21, 2013

Things I never thought I'd say...



Oh my handsome little middle child. How you bring so much "life" into my day! It is never dull with this one around! L is constantly saying and doing things that make me shake my head in disbelief or laughter! Today was no exception! He's been potty trained since the winter, and things have been going fairly smoothly. We have our bad weeks occasionally, but for the most part he does pretty well. I'm not sure what was going on in his little head today though. MS grew up in the country, and you know what they say- "You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy!". That saying couldn't be more true. My sweet hubs has taught L that it's ok to pee outside. No biggie. It's made for a much easier transition into the world of big boy unders! He LOVES to pee outside:) He IS his father's son! Ha! But apparently we weren't clear that you only pee outside. Yep. You guessed it. S came running in this afternoon to inform me that L had done the #2 business behind our pine tree. Oh my. I can confirm that it is true because I went out there, grabbed a stick, and shoved it under a bush so my 2 year old wouldn't play with it. Because he would. Then to add fuel to that fire, L turned around and decided to pee in the bathroom sink later in the evening. Right after I had cleaned it. That's the life of a mama with boys! Like I said before, it's never dull. Some days I wonder what God was doing when he gave me 2 boys. I'm sure he's getting a kick out of our everyday life! I sure would if I was watching from the outside! Even though my days are often chaotic and boys are incredibly foreign to me, I wouldn't trade my precious little men for anything. They are the apple of my eye, and they make me melt like I never knew I could. I love my daughter too, but it's a different kind of love. Not less, just different:) Oh how I pray that my little men will grow up to be strong men of God! Thank you, Lord, for the blessing of their lives. May you guide me in training them to be soldiers for you!

1 comment: