Monday, July 2, 2012

Gifts of Gratitude Day 3

Day 3



Again, I'm sorry for the late post. This was from yesterday. Yesterday was my birthday!! I had such a wonderful day full of love, shopping, movies, pizza, and cake! Each birthday for me is a reminder how truly awesome and gracious our great God is! I was told, after my cancer diagnosis at the age of 16, that there was a major possibility that I wouldn't make it past 5 years (my 21st birthday). I'm thrilled to report that I just turned 29 yesterday :) I have told my husband that I'm not very excited about turning 30. But in a way, I am. Since I'm really trying to focus on what I'm grateful for lately, I am now going to start saying that I am excited about turning 30...well maybe excited is too strong of a word ;) Ha! But in all seriousness, it is so awesome that God chose to be gracious to me and extend my life. I pray that He alone is glorified in that, and that He will continue to use my life in ways that will bring glory to him!

2 comments:

  1. You know how much the number 30 freaks me out, but in your case, we need to celebrate, so I think it's great you say you will look forward to it! Praise God!!

    I am so glad you enjoyed your day yesterday; you deserved it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good and gracious! I am so thankful that I can see you holding your children, my grandchildren, after hearing such a prognosis - and then the doctors saying you probably would not be able to have children after the (worthless,as it turned out) chemo! Every time I consider, this is such an encouragement that God does love us, hear our prayers, and will carry us through whatever we are facing now. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete