Sunday, October 2, 2011

Imagine

This past weekend, I had the awesome privilege to attend the Women of Faith conference "Imagine", in Milwaukee, WI. "Wow" is all I can say! What an incredible weekend filled with laughter, tears of joy, tears of sorrow, great friends, and incredible worship at the throne of our Almighty God!! I wanted to highlight a few things that really spoke to me. First of all, I am a music lover! I always have been and always will be. I love that the Lord created music! It is the best way, for me, to really feel close to the Almighty. There are certain songs that really bring that home for me too. One of those is "Worthy is the Lamb". As we were singing together, in a room filled with 7,500 women, it hit me that this was a tiny glimpse of how incredible it will be to worship our God all together in heaven- with Him literally so close we can touch the hem of his garment. What an INCREDIBLE day that will be!! I got goosebumps as we all sang that song and as the power of the words struck me.
"Worth is the lamb who was slain. Holy Holy is he. Sing a new song....to Him who sits on heaven's mercy seat. Holy holy holy, is the Lord God Almighty- who was and is and is to come. With all creation I sing, praise to the King of Kings. You are my everything and I will adore you."
I've sang that song many times before. But what struck me for the first time, was the line "...with all creation I sing praise to the King of Kings...". With ALL creation! How awesome will that be to be praising our great God with ALL creation?!? I love the passage in Luke where Jesus says that the rocks will cry out in praise if we didn't!


"Right at the crest, where Mount Olives begins its descent, the whole crowd of disciples burst into enthusiastic praise over all the mighty works they had witnessed:

   Blessed is he who comes,
      the king in God's name!
   All's well in heaven!
      Glory in the high places!

 39Some Pharisees from the crowd told him, "Teacher, get your disciples under control!"
 40But he said, "If they kept quiet, the stones would do it for them, shouting praise." Luke 19:38-40 (The Message)

Can you imagine worshiping God with the rocks?? I certainly can't. But I do know that it would be incredible! That song literally brought me to the feet of Jesus yesterday! I would've fell to my knees in worship if I could have. (Being in stadium seating and cramped quarters made it a little difficult! Ha!) I was so moved that I had tears of joy streaming down my face. I love it when God reaches down and allows us to really feel him, if even for a brief moment. What an incredible glimpse into eternity that was for me! It was a great reminder of what is to come- when all creation will worship the Creator together! Holy holy holy IS the Lord God Almighty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment