Thursday, September 29, 2011

Little Blessings

I had a gloomy start to the day, filled with rainy weather, a screaming infant, and fighting siblings. I was ready to throw in the towel and it wasn't even 10 o'clock yet. Sound familiar?? But just as I was about to throw my hands up and say "I'm done.", I walked into the living room and saw this...

They were all sitting there playing together so happily and just loving being together. At that moment, nothing else mattered. I grabbed my camera and quickly captured this moment (because it didn't last long!). I also tucked it away in my heart for future reference. What a beautiful picture:)
My children can be my biggest source of frustration, but they can also be one of my biggest sources of joy! They make me laugh, cry, pull my hair out, and melt with love- sometimes all at once! Eleven and a half years ago, I was told I may likely never be able to bear my own children. Eleven and a half years ago was when I first started my life-long battle with cancer. Well, obviously those doctors were wrong and God proved His power is mightier than anything- even cancer! My children are a daily reminder of God's faithfulness and grace. All I ever wanted was to be a mother. I am "living the dream" so to speak- even though most days are far from glorious. I feel so blessed though, that the Lord would choose me to raise and teach these beautiful children! I am definitely not worthy of that honor. And on the days where I'm ready to throw in the towel, I need to remind myself that it IS an honor to be their mother. Thank you Lord for constant reminders of your goodness and for little blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Heather, I can totally relate! Today was one of those days for us too; must have had something to do with the weather! What an adorable photo though!!!

    I am so thrilled to be learning more about you through your blog. I never knew about your cancer or the fact that they said you couldn't have children! Praise God!!!!!

    ReplyDelete