Saturday, October 10, 2015



Hey ya'll! So I know it's only been a few days since I had my "Jonah moment" revelation. But I just had to share how incredibly FREEING that has been! I almost don't believe it myself! Ha! It struck me how easily it is to miss what God may be telling you. We can become so lost in the "noise" of life that we don't hear the Shepard calling. And the crazy thing is, is that I THOUGHT I was listening to what He was telling me! And maybe all of those steps were necessary ones in order for me to get here. Maybe not. But I do know that I took those steps, and now here I am. It's also amazing to me how once I committed to this path, how quickly the enemy snuck in and tried to distract me again. I was allowing other areas of service to cloud the path that He had chosen for me. I told my husband that I literally feel like a fog has lifted! It has affected every area of my life too! I know this is just the beginning, and I'm sure I have challenges ahead. But it's SO incredibly comforting to know that I am walking the path that I'm supposed to be on.

Some of the best advice my husband and I ever received was during a really dark time in our lives. We had literally been hit with everything under the sun- all within a few months. Death, job loss, sickness, financial trouble, etc. Ya'll, that takes a toll on you- especially when you are trying to figure out what God is telling you and you're not hearing anything! We sought the counsel of a pastor at our church and he gave us some advice that has stuck with me ever since. He said, "Sometimes God gives you a very clear and distinct answer or path that He wants you to follow. But sometimes, He gives you the freedom to choose- as long as you are doing it for His glory.". I think the latter is the case most of the time, personally. But in this case, I think the former is true. It makes me laugh to think of how free I feel, when the thing that He is calling me to do terrifies me! It's a very strange mix of emotions! But, if it's His path then I have nothing to fear! :) I would love for you to join me on this journey! I need prayer the most! If you think of it, would you pray for me? Pray that God will use me for His glory, the right doors will be opened and closed, and that distractions would not deter me from this path. I don't know what this all looks like yet- but that's part of the fun, right? ;) So if you are wrestling with something or unsure of what God has for you, seek counsel, PRAY that He will make it clear if He has something specific, and let yourself be open to what He has to say to you! Thanks friends and may God bless you as you seek Him! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment