Monday, October 3, 2016

A sweet find!

So I know this is not a "normal" type post for me, but I really wanted to share my fun find with you all! I was invited to try this thing called "StitchFix" recently. I have to admit, I was incredibly skeptic at first. The thought of buying clothes online was terrifying to me. I always have to try stuff on, so I thought for sure this would be a complete bomb. However, the outcome truly surprised me!

Basically, you fill out this profile and a stylist picks out 5 items, based on what they think you would like, and they send them to you. You try on what they sent, keep the things you loved, and send back the things you didn't. You are only charged for the things you kept then.

Even though I was very hesitant, I decided to give 'er a whirl anyway. Although 95% of this whole process was shockingly positive, there were a couple things that I would have to categorize in the "con" column. Allow me to explain.

Pros:
-I got to design a Pinterest board of my dream closet :) (You can attach the board to your profile so they can see what you "pinned".)
-I got to schedule when I wanted my package. It was like Christmas morning when it came! So exciting!
-The stylist included things that I really would wear! I was shocked!
-The most shocking result....it ALL FIT!! I couldn't believe it! They nailed my size on the head!
-I didn't have to drag my children shopping with me. Bonus!
-The quality of the clothes was top notch.
-Even though I chose not to keep the jeans this time, they were a-m-a-z-i-n-g. I totally get why people buy designer. I just couldn't do it this time.

Cons:
-The items were a bit on the pricey side for me. Now, hear me out. I am cheap when it comes to clothes. I LOVE clothes...but love a bargain just as much ;) These items were not outrageously priced, as they were designer clothes I believe. I was actually surprised at how affordable they really were. For example, the shirt I kept was priced in the $30 range. Not bad. I'm just cheap lol.
-They sent me 2 of the same style shirt. I was a little disappointed that the variety wasn't there, but they ask for feedback and give an option for that as well! So I'm confident my next box will be different :)

Here's the shirt I kept:

I really like it and have worn it several times already! 

So all in all, yes I will do it again sometime! Hoping it's soon! If you're interested, here's a link for you to get started. 

www.stitchfix.com/referral/8634886

So I know this isn't my normal type of encouragement...but hey...every girl needs a little something for herself sometimes, right? And men....they do it for you too! Plus it could be a great gift for someone! I mean everyone loves mail, right?? ;) I hope your experience is as good as mine! Happy "Stitching"!



No comments:

Post a Comment