Thursday, January 5, 2012

Precious Moments

Yesterday was a day filled with memorable precious moments. It was just an ordinary day that became extraordinary. Not because anything major happened....but because of the little moments that I will now treasure forever. There were two things that really stuck out to me yesterday. The first was seeing my precious daughter dancing with her daddy. She is completely enamored with her daddy. A daddy's girl through and through! Dave and I had the privilege to see the movie "Courageous" a while ago. That movie rocked our world in a major way. There was a song in the movie that the little girl was dancing too. It became significant (but I won't say why in case you haven't seen it yet!). Dave had found the song on YouTube and the two danced together to it yesterday. I was in the kitchen doing what every mom would do if you saw that- blubbering. :) Hundreds of thoughts were zipping across my mind during those 2 minutes. Thoughts of her now and soon to be a woman. Past memories and future ones. How time goes by so fast and is yet so precious. Thank you Lord, for such a wonderful and precious memory to tuck away.
The other memory I have from yesterday was my movie date afternoon with Savy. She was so sad that daddy had to go to work (tears were shed). So I popped some popcorn, made chocolate milk, got out The Sound of Music, and we cuddled up on the couch for a quiet afternoon of girl time:) She told me later that that had helped her feel better after being so sad about daddy. I love that she loves her daddy so much!
We've had a shift in our family dynamic lately- a good one! Dave and I have both been challenged to become better and more intentional parents. We've had so many reminders that life is short and that the Lord has entrusted us with these precious vessels of His, to care for and love them, and teach them of His love. What a tremendous responsibility! One that I don't take lightly. Its not always easy, but it is definitely a privilege and DEFINITELY an adventure!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment